Friday, February 24, 2006

Ode to a Friday


I remember the days when Fridays were great
Anticipation of staying out late
My friends and I would have so much fun
3 am and we still weren't done

The sun coming up, drunken sighs
Greasy cheeseburgers, greasy fries
Saturdays were slept away
No kids to wake us cuz they want to play

It's Friday today and I'd hardly know
Same as yesterday, no place to go
No getting dressed up in my Bratz Doll best
Falling asleep at 9 because I need some rest

Growing older doesn't bother me near as much
As growing boring.


Ah...Friday I loved you so

2 comments:

C Merry said...

I liked that :)

~*~
Bratz World
http://www.bratzworld.tv

PreppyGirl said...

I remember those Fridays, especially when we lived together - rummaging through each other's clothes (ok, usually me borrowing yours - or Sherri's - HoBag). I think of it fondly.